Saturday 13 December 2014

Review Yo Mada: Carol's Daughter Original Hair Milk Leave in Moisturizer


Hilow gentle people! KK here coming in to do a review of this Carol's daughter product. I did not purchase this, it was given to me had a gift so here's my experience with it. 

Product Claims:

FOR CURLS, COILS, KINKS & WAVES. Dry hair = frizzy curls! So, protect your hair from unwanted situations – breakage, thirst and unmanageability – with this fan-favorite leave-in moisturizer. It has all the goodies you know and love, like Shea Butter to intensely hydrate curls, coils, kinks, and waves, plus Soybean Oil to soften and strengthen it too. We’ve also added Agave Nectar to ensure that your hair keeps moisture locked in and is extra healthy. This rich cream quickly and easily absorbs into your hair, leaving it glossy, nourished, and frizz-free. 



Powerful ingredients at work:
  • Agave
  • Soybean Oil
  • Sweet Almond Oil
  • Cocoa Butter
  • Shea Butter


  • Ingredients:
Agave -soybean oil -cocoa butter -shea butter -sweet almond oil Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Agave Tequilana Stem Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-butly Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polysorbate 80, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Xantham Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol 

My thoughts:
Firstly, this product is propounded to not have any artificial colour, mineral oil, petroleum nor parabens. Has for the texture- it is called a hair milk; nevertheless, to me it is a cross between a milk and a light cream. So I consider this to be a runny cream. The smell was very hard for me to describe, it kind of reminded me of a relaxer- I dont like the scent at all. The first use I applied the product to clean hair; upon application it made my hair feel quite hay-like (air-dried hair). However, it wasn't until I applied my shea butter mix over it and it started to feel better. The second use was the same reaction and it wasn't until I checked the ingredients and realized that this product had wheat germ oil. Which is claimed to have high levels of vitamin E, minerals, protein and essential fatty acids. I know, I know it's like the fourth to last ingredient KK. But I couldn't find another reason why my hair reacted that way. However, in relation to leaving hair glossy and frizz-free the product did do its job. I put the product aside for a while and tried it again; however, on blow dried hair. I figured ok my hair needs the added strengthening while blow drying so I used it along with the Tresseme Heat Tamer spray (review for that coming soon) and let me tell you my blow out was sooooft. I blow dry with hot air and then cool air to seal the cuticle. My hair was shiny and smooth. Using this product if I plan on air-drying is a no-no but has a strengthening leave-in for heat styling I give it two thumbs up.

Below I have included pictures of when I used the product on air dried hair (right) and on flat iron hair (left). I didn't get a good picture of my hair blowdried.




Happy reviewing
God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment